The 360 Journey is about becoming a full circle follower of Jesus. That means experiencing NEW LIFE through trusting Jesus, a NEW WAY of honoring God, and a NEW PURPOSE of helping others do the same. No one is perfect, so everyone is welcome!
QUESTIONS FOR CONVERSATION:
Remember, discipleship is a series of conversations. Take time to discuss the questions below with a friend or in a group. The goal isn’t to answer all the questions, just to talk through the topic and process your thoughts and reactions. First, a review of some of the Bible verses that we talked about:
Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Above all else, guard your heart,
For everything you do flows from it.
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that war within you?
For all have sinned and fall short of God’s glory.
For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
1. Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
2. If what we love shapes us. Why might our loves be more important than our beliefs? What loves shape people today?
3. Do you agree with the idea of sin as a universal problem? What support do you have for your answer?
4. Read Proverbs 4:23. What are some ways you can guard your heart?
5. What do you think it means to say that sin is a violation of God’s character? How is that connected to life and death?
6. Has your understanding of sin been added to in some way? How?