The 360 Journey is about becoming a full circle follower of Jesus. That means experiencing NEW LIFE through trusting Jesus, a NEW WAY of honoring God, and a NEW PURPOSE of helping others do the same. No one is perfect, so everyone is welcome!
QUESTIONS FOR CONVERSATION:
Remember, discipleship is a series of conversations. Take time to discuss the questions below with a friend or in a group. The goal isn’t to answer all the questions, just to talk through the topic and process your thoughts and reactions. First, a review of some of the Bible verses that we talked about:
But in fact, it is better for you that I go away, because if I don’t, the Helper won’t come. If I do go away, then I will send him to you.
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my waysand be careful to obey my laws.
I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, becausehe is with you now and later will be in you.
Everyone was completely amazed. “How can this be?” they exclaimed. “These people are all from Galilee, and yet we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own native languages!
1. Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
2. Why did Jesus say that it was better for him to leave his disciples? Do you think so?
3. Jesus was called God with us. But the Holy Spirit is the presence of God in us. What does he do in us?
4. Is there something in the list of things the Holy Spirit does for us that you really need Him to do for you?
5. The Holy Spirit is a gentleman; he waits to be invited. What might change if you invited him to fill you up today?
6. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to fill you so that you can be more like Jesus and do what Jesus has called you to do.